In the MPI journey, personal development is critical. Personal development is entirely congruent with self-discovery and self-discovery is entirely congruent with the purpose of life. In the MPI philosophy (as described in Chapter 1), personal development occurs through the repetitive cycle of learning followed by action.
Every time we learn something new, we have made a contribution to our own self-discovery and, as a result of being a member of humanity, it also results in a concurrent contribution to humanity’s self-discovery.
There are many aspects to personal development. For example:
- Improving knowledge of one’s self
- Identifying previously unseen potential in ourselves
- Examining our aspirations
- Improving our health
- Improving our ability to learn
- Improving or increasing our skills
- Increasing our understanding of our self-awareness
- Analyzing and learning from our experience
- Exploring and understanding our own unique capabilities
- Exploring and understanding who and what we really are
- Increasing our understanding of how humans work
- Improving our understanding of the purpose of life
- Improving our view of what we should do to have MPI on our own lives
- Improving our view of what we should do to have MPI on the planet
- Improving our view of where the intersection of the two above really lies
- Improving our understanding of our passions.
Next article in this series: “Individual Expression”